View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #64
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get some people who are always down. Why bother following sports?

It doesn't matter what sport you follow, there is only one team that wins it all. Often, one team wins multiple titles too.

All you do as a fan is enjoy the rollercoaster of your fandom. There will be moments where it is fun and exciting, moments when it becomes frustrating and even boring. Maybe I am a bit weird, but after experiencing the frustrating and boring times, it just makes me appreciate those really good moments even more.

If people really carry around this pessimistic attitude in following their favourite team, maybe they are just not cut out for being a sports fan? Maybe they are better off just being a bandwagon fan? I don't know. I just know that if I continually thought so poor of the team I cheered for at all times, it would be difficult for me to reconcile spending money on them, spending my time watching games, and as sure as heck I wouldn't be going out of my way to spend my time arguing about them on a forum with a bunch of strangers.

It is one thing to disagree with the direction of the team, or what they should or shouldn't do, etc. It is another to constantly live in despair that way.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: