View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #1360
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Grinding my way through Schitt's Creek. Season 2 was a significant upgrade over Season 1, as they clearly decided to give the characters some nuance as opposed to the one note portrayals in season 1.

Now starting season 4 and you can see the show has found it's groove, but for me season 2 still the highlight (maybe because it turned such a corner at that point). The mayor's character is still absolutely the worst thing about it and his role is still far too big IMO. It's too bad because I think there was real potential to subvert expectations and either use Chris Elliott and play him against type (sophisticated, classy etc.) or have a more polished looking actor portray the character as written. As it is, it's like getting hit over the head with a hammer. Like we get the joke already.

Also decided to start Party Down at the recommendation of others on here. What an incredible show. The main cast is hilarious and the guest stars each show (because of the party of the week format) really get a chance to shine. Some big names sprinkled in there and happy to see Molly Parker with a guest spot in the HS reunion episode.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: