View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #66
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

See call me old school, but these preset kits, I don't really count them as lego in the truest sense of the word.

When I was a kid you'd get buckets of lego in all different colors and you'd just build whatever came to mind.

Watching battlestar Galactica, build a cylon raider or a base star or the battlestar itself. Sure its a mixed hodgepodge of red, yellow, white, blue and clear bricks but damnit you didn't have enough white.

Watch star wars and want to build a tie fighter, then build a tie fighter, year the wings fall off the first time you run through the kitchen making Ion engine noises, but that's pretty close to the real thing in the movies right.

Its like mechano which was an amazing thing. especially with all of the motors and stuff. I build a tank that could drive across the floor, stop pivot its turret and fire a little white cylinder at 100 miles an hour. Yeah I had to follow it around becuase in our day the remote control only had a 4 foot cord, but whatever.

you damn kids with your fancy prebuild kits. In our days we had those, we called them models
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: