View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 02:44 PM   #10
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Plex Pass
Don't think I'm hijacking because it relates to mobile content.
If I understand Plex Pass correctly, it provides no content but allows me to consume and/or distribute any content to any mobile device from free Plex, or any content that I 'own' that is located on my own plex server - including audio and video content.
Do I mostly have this correct?
Plex itself is free and allows you to setup your own home streaming service with whatever content you have saved locally on your PC/server, which includes streaming from the internet if you're away from home. Plex Pass is their subscription service which adds a bunch of premium features to Plex, offline downloads being one of them. So if you're travelling and just want to stream the stuff you have saved at home online, standard Plex is fine. But if you don't have internet or are worried about data charges, then Plex Pass will let you use the Plex app on your phone/tablet to save local copies of your movies/shows. Of course you could achieve the same thing by loading up a USB drive with the shows you want to watch offline instead of paying the subscription fee, which is what I do
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: