View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #700
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
You are changing your argument now. At first the argument was there is less "intrigue" without the traditional big nations of Italy, Holland and USA there, which is false because they suck now.

Now you are saying ratings/sponsorships/dollars will suffer, and you'd be absolutely right. TV packages, broadcasts rights, etc will all be scaled back in those countries with hefty populations, especially the USA and Italy.

Personally, I couldn't give less of a heck if FIFA rakes in less money from this WC. Italian, Dutch and USA fans will be sad, but I doubt anyone outside those nations is sad. I certainly won't miss watching 11 Italians diving and crying all over the field for a month.
Ummm I think both of my points stand as SuperMatty so eloquently pointed out. These teams are not only financial drivers (I do agree with you that I don't give a #### if FIFA makes or loses money) but they also create the intrigue. You clearly dislike Italian football which means they have done their job. They have you talking. I don't see you complaining about the style of play or state of soccer in Georgia. As I have stated, people either love or hate Italy, there seems to be no in between. Not having them there is disappointing because the tournament has lost some of its spice.

As for Croatia, keep dreaming if you think you will ever join the upper echelon of football power houses.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote