View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #699
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I see what you're saying and agree with a number of your points.

But you know what, if you're an Italian fan you have to look at the positives. I know not having your team in the World Cup must suck and I cant imagine what that must feel like, but as is good in all things, look to the Germans.

It doesnt take much for me to claim, unreservedly that the Germans are the best team on the planet. They took their reserve squad to the Confederations Cup and walked away with it.

In sports failure is part of an inevitable life-cycle and Italy had been doing their best 'Weekend-at-Bernies' impression by trotting out the same old lifeless corpses hoping to get across the finish line.

Italy and Holland desperately need some new blood. From the ground up.
I agree actually - and IIRC it took a complete failure at a Euro Cup for Germany to re-look at their federation and youth development system.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the Italian Federation to change their outdated views on development and training.

Although the one thing that does make me sad is that I think Conte did more with a worse team at the last Euros - so you never know what he could have done with this group that was undoubtedly more talented.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote