View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #45
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Yeah, I agree with this. I took Criminal Justice in school and most of the guys that wanted to be Police Officers there were absolute tools. They all thought they were the greatest guys on earth, were really self-righteous, and took themselves way too seriously (that said, there were a few super nice guys as well). It really turned me off of wanting to be a cop. I still might go down that road, I haven't decided yet, but I'm starting to look at other options for myself. The police culture can be ridiculous and I'm not sure I'm a fan of how a lot of those types of people act.
I had a friend that went most of the way through the police application process and ended up giving up on it. He is a really smart guy, could probably actually memorize the criminal code. I would think he would make a good police officer, but what do I know. What he told me was that he felt the whole process wasn't looking for good police officers but was instead looking for a specific type of person. He seemed pretty disillusioned and disappointed by the whole thing.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote