View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #12
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

So it's back. Ever since I got mocked for reading Greaterfool when I didn't, I have been monitoring it. I still think Garth can be a sarcastic @ss but whatever, he directly stated this today:

Quote:
Whatever. A relisting sets the clock back to zero. The real estate board doesn’t track the total time a property’s been for sale – just the days since the last reset. Nor, when it finally does sell, do the official stats measure the deal price as a percentage of the original asking, but rather of the most recent reduced one.

This is why, for example, Calgary is in the middle of a commodity-based economic crisis, and yet the average house price is (supposedly) up 1.64%. If that passes the smell test, you’ve had your proboscis in the wrong places lately.
So Realtors -since I can't get your professional organization to answer me, which is embarrassing since it should be a quick rebuttal, would any of you be willing to get an official message from CREB stating Garth Turner is wrong, simply wrong?

While I appreciate the comparison a Realtor did earlier, you now have a loudmouth online, with a large following, directly calling you out.

This should be so easy for CREB to fix - shouldn't it?