View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #326
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
It’s the guys draft +1 year and we are already saying his career is in jeporady?? Sure it would be nice to see him performing at the same clip he did in the reg season but the Guy statistically improved in every area this season - 21/25/46 became 36/36/72 and he went from being a -15 to a +21.

Jankowski took 5 years to develop into what we got from him this year and he was a 1st rounder; Ruzicka still has a long road and is a 4th rounder so he’s a long shot at best already but to say his career is in jeporady because of a weak playoff showing is a little far at this time. If this was his draft +2 year maybe I could see that line of thinking but so far he seems to have taken the appropriate strides in his development.
I mean there's only 1 more year to sign him before he goes back into the draft. I don't think the Flames would sign him based on his playoffs this year. So yeah, a piss poor playoffs does have his career in jeopardy with the Flames because they may not sign him because of it. Obviously next year will play a big role as well. He did improve this year. But his playoff no-show is a big mark against him. Since being drafted he had a good regular season and a terrible playoffs where the hockey matters even more. Scouts put a lot of stock into whether players elevate their game during the playoffs or whether they disappear. I think the playoffs creates a lot of doubt about his NHL potential and thus makes the Flames signing him questionable. So yeah, I think its totally fair to say having as poor a playoffs as he did has his career with the Flames in jeopardy. Don't think I was being sensational at all.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote