Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #6
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Seabrook 35yrs old, 4 more yrs at 6.875M
Lucic 31yrs old, 3 more yrs at 5.25M

I'd rather not have either contract but if I had to choose I'd keep Lucic.
I think I'd rather deal with Lucic's contract than Skinner for 7 more years at 9M

I get the Milan Lucic contract is terrible debate, its not a good contract by any stretch.

But at the end of the day, there were underlyings that made him a effective add on to the lineup.

In his last 20 games he scored 4 goals and 6 assists which is a 16 goal and 40 point clip. He was a -5 which isn't good at all over a 80 game pace. But iirc correctly he was pretty much a bottom 6 guy, and I could love with a 40 point guy in the bottom 6. I also think he was viewed pretty positively in the room. He threw 69 hits in his last 20 games. There was also a definately reduction in other teams taking liberties with the Flames last year.

His contract isn't great, but I would certainly take him over Neal who basically scored 4 goals in his last 20 but 3 were in one game. 5 assists in his last 20, was a awe inspiring -20 over the whole year, was pretty much a disaster at 5v5 hockey who couldn't really be counted on except on the power play.

He was awful and lazy for the Flames and wasn't exactly motivated in Edmonton.

Barker has an atrocious contract that is going to go on longer and will probably see less icetime.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: