View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 10:23 PM   #1
united
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Anonymous poll of NHL agents

A few days old but polls are usually a hit. PuckPedia polled 25 certified NHL agents on a variety of topics. Some questions were worded poorly as with agents having a vested interest you could guess their answer before seeing the results, but overall some interesting insight with that in mind.

https://puckpedia.com/agent-poll

Not much for Flames content:

- Treliving finished in a four-way tie for first in the most enjoyable GM category, while receiving 0 votes for toughest GM but also 0 votes for easiest.
- Milan Lucic unsurprisingly was voted as having the worst contract in the NHL, but somewhat surprising in only narrowly winning over Brent Seabrook.

Others I found interesting:

- The Don, Lou Lamoirello, received the most votes for toughest GM to deal with by a wide margin. No surprise there. Strangely, he also received 1 vote as easiest to rip off.
- Kyle Dubas received by far the most votes for easiest GM to rip off. In fact, no other GM received more than 1 vote. No surprise given his dubious RFA work. I was a bit surprised John Chayka didn't receive a single vote as I assumed an "old boys' club" bias would exist but that was my mistake - or they just dislike Dubas even more.
- Nathan MacKinnon winning best contract was a no-brainer but I'm surprised he didn't receive more than 33% of the votes.
- 80% of agents do not believe we'll see a lockout in 2022 which is a big positive.
- Dealing with parents of players is the second-worst part of the job.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post: