View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #208
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

My iPhone 3Gs is a little long in the tooth, and I am thinking of getting a new phone. Normally I try to purchase outright and avoid contracts, but right now I just can't do it, so am looking into options.

Rogers is willing to give me a pretty good deal right now ($50 for Galaxy Nexus, $60 for Galaxy S3, both on FlexTab), but obviously I feel like I can do better with my plan, so I am considering Wind as either an option or something for me to hold over Roger's head to reduce my monthly cost.

I guess my question is, how likely is it that Wind will have a promotion over the next couple months that will give me a plan that is enough better than Rogers that I can switch? I don't travel much, so Winds limited zones are not an issue for me, but the $40 plan they currently offer really isn't good enough for me to get rid of Rogers, since it only saves me about $10 a month. Especially considering that the FlexTab seems much better than the WindTab, plus my initial outlay on the device will be less on Rogers.