View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #120
Crispy's Critter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnabdabber View Post
*sigh* nm Honestly don't wanna touch this post with a ten foot pole cause the aspect of taste in metal and deciphering "real" metal is a topic beaten to death many times over.
To each their own I guess.
yea, I'm not trying to cause any big argument or anything, just stating that I've never gotten the whole sub class thing. I don't understand the need to do that, and I also don't understand why everything nowadays seems to be about "I'm better than you because I listen to this, I drive that, I eat this" etc. The whole 'real' metal thing is exactly like the 'real' Flames fan debate. Pointless, really, and pretty much just comes down to semantics. A lot of the times the distinction between these sub classes is so minimal it's really hard to draw a line and say one band is always this type of metal, and another band is always this other type. The lines get blurry at times, at least for me. For example, Dragonforce has been mentioned several times in this thread, and honestly I see no distinction between them and Avenged.
Essentially we're all pretty much fans of the same type of music, guess it just comes down to your preference, what appeals to you.
I just honestly don't make any distinction, even though I do see the differences obviously, but to me it's just all one big happy family

Crispy's Critter is offline   Reply With Quote