View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:12 PM   #91
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Yea I don't understand it. Their cars are almost always highly reviewed and the build quality per dollar spent is top notch. I know the 3 series exploded for a bit in the mid 2000's when they first came out, but then they switched the body to a really ugly design in 2010 for some reason and no one cared about them anymore. They've fixed that with the latest models, and the 2019 is the nicest compact sedan I've ever ridden in, and the only one outside of Subaru with AWD. Maybe that'll help bump the sales numbers a bit
I wonder if it has to do with the poor “design language” in the 2010s and that has turned some folks off from the brand? I have a 2011 Mazda CX-7 that is pretty much a bloated Mazda 3. I find it has aged horribly from a design standpoint, but it has been a great vehicle mechanically for us. I was surprised at how nice the interior is at that price point and the AWD system is pretty fantastic. That said, I think the new Mazda 3 and CX5s are very good looking vehicles, so maybe that has an impact too? The new versions make the old ones look that much uglier? All in all, I could not be happier with our Mazda purchase as we’ve put heavy miles on it in 7 years of ownership and haven’t even had to replace the brakes! We had one minor issue come up that was covered by warranty and everything else has just been regular maintenance.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote