View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:28 PM   #6517
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
It's just a lack of empathy of really. This is the same crew who believes the only possible reason someone could vote for Trump is because they're racist. Instead of attempting to understand why the left has valid concerns and less enthusiasm for Biden, it's much easier to to just shame and berate them.
I watched that video from the Hill the other day where that lady yelled at me for 10 minutes and explained why I'm wrong (I frequently call Trump supporters racist pieces of ####).

So you're right in that sense but I think you're wrong that it is all about Biden. Anyone with two brain cells can tell he's a better candidate than Trump. So was Hilary.

I think it is even far more complicated than just the other candidate not "exciting the base" or whatever people are calling it. It's about a lack of education, media sensationalism and yes crappy campaigns. I also believe that for a significant portion of Trump voters the top 3 issues are abortion, guns and racism/bigotry against blacks, gays and immigrants. The breaking point where personal financial well being comes into play is way too far down the list for a lot of these people.

That's why I say anyone who votes for Trump is a racist piece of ####. Because it takes them to practically lose their farm, or to actually lose it, before they'll start putting issues like the ACA, trade, taxes and the economic stability of the lower and middle classes ahead of issues like abortion and gun rights. But they’re more than happy to support racist candidates that perpetuate their own ingrained racist ideology so that they always have a boogie man to blame when their candidate doesn’t deliver on their obviously empty promises.

Is it their fault they're uneducated and have been convinced that mexican boogie men have stolen their jobs? Probably not. It sucks that they've been suckered by the very people who actively make their lives worse. These poor bastards are the people who would benefit most from Democrat policies. Even ones from crappy candidates like Hilary. But they can't see past their conditioned hate of minorities, their barbaric religious ideologies and their obsession with archaic gun rights.

But I still hate them for it. Even if they don't know any better. That's wrong and I know it's wrong. But at least I can recognize that.

I'm always reminded of that scene in the Alexandra Pelosi doc "Right America, Feeling Wronged" where she explains to that poor McCain supporter that the Dems aren't taking his money and giving it to immigrants, as he claims, instead they want to take money from the richest 1% to help make his life better. he freezes for a second like a robot that's been given a command that contradicts itself and creates a paradox. You can see his brain is struggling to come to terms with this revelation and the brainwashing he's had his whole life. Finally he snaps out of it and says that he doesn't want any help from anyone. it's so ####ed up. Like his republican programming finally overcame the logic and adapted to create a new reality to overcome the info she just gave him.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-15-2020 at 05:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: