Thread: 2017 Grey Cup
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #42
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Although nervous, I share other's optimism that the Stamps are taking this game more seriously this year and I think the 3 game skid at the end of the year really humbled and focused the team.
I also don't think you can discount (i) how well Ottawa played in the 2016 GC , and (ii) how that loss has made the Stamps even better in 2017. Look at the playcalling by Dickenson and the composure by Bo in the West Final. The defence not breaking after giving up the two early touchdowns. The Argos should be happy just making it to the Grey Cup, the Stamps have been focused on winning it for the past 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I physically cannot take another loss to any of these chumps, 2012 hurt but last year losing to an 8-9-1 expansion team was one of my top 3 painful sport losses up there with 2004 Flames SCF game 6 and 2006 Flames WQF game 7.
Ha! You're just a young guy -- there have been many more heartbreaking losses over the years... 1990 against the Kings, 1991 against the Oilers... The Stamps losing all of those playoff games in the mid-90's when they were the best team in the league...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote