View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #151
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Secret Wars has been a lot of fun, and the quality of the tie in books I've read has generally been very good, even if the publishing delays on the core miniseries have sucked some of the enthusiasm from the event. It's going to read as a very good series when it's done, especially for trade waiters I think. But I'm also kind of eager to see some new things happening at Marvel.

So it's great that the All-New All-Different Marvel books finally kick off this week for X-Men fans like me. The first issue of the new flagship book, Extraordinary X-Men, releases this week with that sweet, sweet, De La Soul variant cover. Also this week is the final issue of Bendis' X-Men run, Uncanny X-Men #600. So it's going to be a neat kind of bookend week in that regard. It was initially going to be an even bigger week, with both All-New X-Men and All-New Wolverine scheduled originally. But those Secret Wars publishing delays have trickled down into the entire Marvel line, and those won't be out now until later in November or December.

Invincible and Lazarus from Image continue to be really, really good. Another more indie series I've checked out lately is D4ve 2, the appropriately named sequel to the original D4ve series. D4ve is about the robot apocalypse conquering Earth, and then the galaxy -- and then becoming really complacent and lazy. D4ve, the title character, used to be this kick ass war robot that defended the planet and conquered all kinds of invaders, and now had a crappy job that he hates and a jackass son and an ex-wife he still kind of pines for. It's silly and funny, and the sequel series seems to be continuing in that vein.

What's anyone else reading or looking forward to these days?
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote