Thread: Quarry Park
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #20
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It's not like those companies are going to have a policy that they'll only hire people who live in the neighbourhood, and there's not going to be a requirement that you have to work in the area in order to buy a house there.

It's all fine and dandy to say that people will be able to live and work in the same area (and I'm sure some people will), but the reality is that people will live there who work in other parts of the city and people will work there who live all over the city...just like every other part of the city.

Do you know many people who move every time they get a new job or get a new job every time they move? I don't. In my experience, people change jobs a lot more frequently than they move.

It's just marketing fluff. At the end of the day, every new neighbourhood promotes itself as unique and revolutionary, but they all turn out the same in the end.
Well of course there's going to be people who live or work somewhere other than Quarry park. The point is, the commuinity has three pretty large companies setting up offices as a part of the community. There's going to be a pretty large number of decently paid white collar people in the area who would be interested in a house in that area.
I would almost never move because I changed jobs, because pretty much no matter what I'm gonna be working downtown. Changing jobs, for the most part doesn't change where I work.
But if I decided to go work for AMEC or Jacobs, then I most certainly would look at moving to Quarry Park.