View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #2295
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Agreed.

But further to that, consider that it's been nearly a decade since the world fell, and it might be their first time in 10 years to see a movie. I know I get squirrelly when I don't see a movie for a few weeks, never mind 10 years. But put yourself in their shoes. They are actually interested in commodities, and that is likely the rarest commodity of all in this new world. It must be boring as hell trying to pass the free time. Heck, the lady that dispensed knowledge only wanted records in return. Seem silly? Not if you've been playing solitaire for 10 straight years.

TL;DR

I thought it was actually quite believable.
I admit that I actually liked the scene as well. However, it's frustrating when the show has skirted with so much desperation for resources and security, and what flips these folks isn't mutual access to that but rather a movie.

The leader of these highway people is a bit corny, too. Reminds me of the black hat perfume cowboy in that Friends episode.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote