View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:20 AM   #3101
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
It does build, as most good shows do. I think you have to invest the time to get to know and care about the characters and their situation to really love any of the great shows, so the most you could hope for is seeing promise after just one episode. I'd consider this one quite good, but it's not great.

I feel for you on how people seem to love some media that is hard to get behind. That's me with super hero movies and shows. I think they're the same boring story over and over and are the worst thing ever. It's mind boggling to me how they can keep going to that well (origin story, joining the group, cheesy bad guy, unfunny one liners, etc.). If you like comic book hero stuff, this is the golden age. If you don't, basically 65% of movies are unappealing.
Funny, I don't get the same push back from people if I say I didn't like a specific superhero movie that I do if I say I couldn't get into a popular TV show. No one cares that I didn't like Spiderman Homecoming, but they get really mad if I say I didn't like Breaking Bad. The slow burn comment is a very common rebuttal. People tell me I need to invest time in it to get attached to the characters or it gets better after season x, but you need to watch from the beginning. Sorry, I'd rather invest my time in home projects than TV shows that are a slow burn. If I need a distraction, I'll put on a silly comedy show or watch some sports.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote