View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #21
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The idea that equipment set up has never been questioned, it's been mentioned several times already. And yes, I have a degree in Physics so I understand friction.

As you noted in the article, which has been said hundreds of times, set up is one of the three most important things to a successful run.
Good teams sometimes lose, some weeks they just don't have it right. Track conditions, ice temperature, ice hardness, humidity etc etc all factor in. That's no different in PyeongChang than it is for the other 12 bob and luge tracks in the world. Also think of experience on the track.

What is being questioned is your continued insistence that Canada has some kind of second hand, crappy sled which can't compete against superior German tech. And your insistence that Humphries "outdrove the field".

Of course your argument negates the fact that Humphries wins against those same German sleds on the World Cup, she bested two other German teams in the Olympic Games and that Jamanka isn't even the top German pilot.

Sam Edney in luge has been ranked in the mid 20s this entire season and finds his way to a 6th place. Did he suddenly get a magic sled or maybe he just relied on his experience and had a good week.

Hey I get it. The other two previous times you've watched Bobsleigh you saw Humphries win a gold medal and you thought it would happen again. But it just isn't as easy as that.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote