View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #109
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our dog passed not last winter but the winter before hand. It was my dog that we found as a stray when I was 11 or so and she was pregnant when we got her. So she passed when I was 23 and the doctor thought she was anywhere between 14-16 years old.

She had some issues towards the end and me and my fiance were taking care of her while my mom was in Iraq. One night my fiance woke me up at 2am screaming that the dog was shaking. So I ran out to the living room and noticed that she was having a seizure. She came out of it about a minuet later and took about 3 hours to seem somewhat normal.

I called the emergency vet and he pretty much told me that there was nothing he could do at the time being. Well about two weeks later she had another seizure and I rushed her to the vet while he gave a RX for some medications that I gave her. Those pills is what I had to give her until mom could come home from Iraq to see her. I asked the vet if she was suffering and he told me no. So about a month passed after that and she was going out into our fenced in yard and just falling asleep and acting lethargic. Then later that night she started to poop blood in her sleep. I called the emergency vet and he pretty much told me that she was passing away in her sleep and there was nothing I could do but to make her comfortable. What I did and I wish like god that I would of had her put down was I gave her a codeine and hoping that would make her fall asleep and be painless. She passed about an hour later and I was hurt for weeks. I was so sad and I just wish like hell that I would of put her down so she didn't have to live those last months the way she did.