Thread: Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #84
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger View Post
So you have a handful of anecdotal experiences of a certain group of people (mind you, a group from a population that is 40X that of Canada and therefore you are much more likely to run into #######s from that group) and you decide to paint the entire group with disgusting racial slur like language. Also, as for your friends in the hotel industry that say Chinese people stole items. I highly doubt that all of them, even more than a small minority of them did the same thing. However, because they look different than you and speak a different language, it becomes salacious and sensational to say "look at that entire group of people we are better than" based on the actions of a few. That's what disgusts me about the whole thing. White people do something immoral and the reaction is "oh that person must be mentally ill" or some other justification that contains the action to the individual. Not white? Oh the entire ethnicity must be inferior. It's nothing more than racism and you know it. Although I suppose there is nothing anyone can do about it as the pervasive primal human tribal mindset is still wired to gain acceptance into the in-group and ostracize the out-group.

Yeah I mean what kind of dick would make judgements on a whole group based upon his or her own experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger
I don't mean to be a snob and I definitely don't mean to look down on blue collar people, but the fact of the matter is blue collar workers spend their days working in an environment where their decorum is not an important factor. This seeps into their interactions with everyone else which results in more cursing/rough language and less filtering of expressed thoughts. I'm not a purse-clutching prude, but sorry I do tend to notice things like this as do most people.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post: