View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #1312
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
How much demand will there be for Talbot? He was bad last year, and so far has not looked great this season. I’m just not sure what to make of him. Would this be any better than a lateral move for the Flames? I suppose it would be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No idea what he will be asking for but I imagine it's going to be in the range of $5 million a season seeing it's his last shot at a big deal. He wasn't as good last season but a .908 SV% behind that defense in the down season isn't terrible. He was the only reason they made the playoffs the season before and IMO they just rode him too hard and the burden of having to steal all those games was going to catch up with them. Treliving tried to trade for him when the Oilers got him so there may still be interest so if he gets to free agency I feel that the Flames would have interest unless his game totally falls off the map this season. I have to think the Oilers will try to keep him seeing they don't have a lot of options to turn to within the organization.