Thread: [PGT] Blues - 5 Flames - 3
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #142
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think generally the forwards have been very good, that being said i don't believe that the first line can win every game so we need to see things from the other lines. Certainly the second and third lines were very effective. The comments about Ryan being the new Stajan are offtrack and he looks like a significant step up. For the defence it was kind of a learning moment for the third defense pair and that will happen.

I feel the next game will be big game because the Flames really need Rittich to step up. At this point in his career Smith is no better then a 1a/1b goalie. I believe Smith can play twice a week and should end up playing only 40 games or so. Certainly the Flames started slow, but once they got into the game Smith let in some easy ones.

If Rittich cannot step up in the next game there will be an issue because I am not sure where the Flames turn next for goalie help. I am ok with the Flames losing a low scoring game but if they light up Rittich we will have a problem, yes its early but I would say this is a very significant moment for the team.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 10-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote