View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #1249
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I liked the episode, too. I think some of you are spoiled by all the slayings and need high levels of violence in order to be satisfied. It's like a drug; you're in withdrawal and you need new doses to satisfy the addiction.
Please don't take this as confrontational or an attack or anything, but this argument really bugs me.

It is possible to appreciate all aspects of a show, including action, drama, dialogue, and development while still deriding it for its shortcomings.

There were some subtle and not-so-subtle moments to appreciate in that episode, all of which could actually have been appreciated in the Daryl/Maggie scenes. Daryl's complexity, awkwardness, guilt, and overprotectedness and Maggie's forgiveness. It's these kinds of moments, along with great characterization and exchanges (Simon and Gregory), that make TWD so much more than a zombie show based on graphic novels.

The pacing of Sunday's episode was borderline criminal. The Rosita/Sasha stuff, while meaningful to the writers in the world they are creating, mean nothing to the audience because people don't care (or have stopped caring) about these characters. Drawing out their conversation at the warehouse didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about them.

I know why Daryl is upset and acting the way he is, but when they flat out say it, it means something because the character means something. They spent way too much time making characters like Rosita/Sasha one dimensional and rushed into this complexity. I just don't care...and in fact the characters annoy me.

The episode was boring filler, and it had very little to do with the fact that shots weren't fired or bombs were blowing up. It was a bad episode on many merits.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: