Thread: MLB 2017 Season
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:22 AM   #44
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
What does inning pitched per bullpen have anything to do with it? Often times in the AL you will get a guy from the BP pitching multiple innings because he doesn't have to bat. That's not as frequent in the NL because they usually sub them out come time to bat, especially when the rosters expand. You'll never see a guy like Andrew Miller in the NL for that very reason.

Also, the time of the games could be similar given the DH (more at bats), but the pace of play isn't in my mind.

Keep in mind though, I don't watch NL games very often, and when I do it's usually at the end of the year when the roster expansion is in full effect so it is skewed.
Your reasoning on bullpens doesn't match what actually happens. The AL will have more pitcher changes because they don't have to worry about the pitcher batting and the pitcher only stays in if he's effective. The AL wouldn't leave a short term reliever in for multiple innings if there is a better matchup, especially lefty/righty match ups. The NL will have pitchers stay in longer if they are coming up to bat in the next inning, so they don't have to burn to pitchers for one batter. An NL manager will use a double switch if he needs his pitcher to go longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote