View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 02:48 PM   #1704
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Get real Scorp...you ain’t kidding anyone with that sort of response and are really taking away from a couple thoughtful arguments with a nonsense post.

Flambers, argument could be made either way but I like to think a former 5th overall has some skill. And who cares if he benefits from someone else it doesn’t take away from what he is doing and how he is rated.

Sportsjunky, it’s all good and explained for any less I wouldn’t have done the deal. Difference of opinion and wasn’t trying to pull a fast one.

Strome ain’t junk, I wish people would stop posting as if he is. I guess he still has Oiler stink on him? .
I don't think Strome is junk, he's a useful player... but he's also shown in the past that he's not really a great driver when he's been asked to carry a line by himself. He has a lot more support with the NYR and, as such, his production has improved.

I don't think it's the worst deal I've ever seen, not at all. But a top-10 pick and another first is a hell of a lot. I think it should stand — lord knows I became a better trader after I got sent to the cleaners in my first year — but I also don't think there's anything wrong with us saying it's not great, just so the Florida GM can read all this and get a sense of what to expect going forward.

For the record, if it was Strome and a 2nd for the two firsts... I don't think I would have batted an eye. There's obviously going to be huge value with having Strome next year after he scored 46 points in 52 games this year.

But I just don't know if he was a great target for Florida to pursue... feels very much like buying high.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote