View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 10:56 AM   #13
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i've got tons... but it kind of depends on who is making the dinner request

my son, he wants swedish meatballs, sticky hoisin pork tacos, homemade burgers with homemade buns, 'dinosaur teeth' (breaded chicken breasts that are then fried... it's all on how you 'sell' food to kids! ha!)

my daughter, she wants fish tacos, home made seafood fett sauce over homemade noodles, homemade spaghetti, roast chicken & mashed potatoes, dinosaur teeth (see above)

my wife wants a dinner called 'chicken sizzler' - which i learned back in my restaurant days (chicken, julienned veggies, wine, white sauce over seasoned rice), hot italian sausage/homemade marinara sauce over pasta, chicken wings (thanks to cp for the great way to bake wings in the oven!!)

family requests are homemade pizza (homemade sauce and crusts), smoked ribs, smoked stuffed burgers, homemade chinese food

i absolutely love to cook - which i think is great. the biggest downside are nights like last night... go out for dinner and leave excessively disappointed knowing you could have made something waaaaay better for a fraction of the cost.