View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #252
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

If you were going to put a speaker behind then you'd be putting in a recessed wall speaker, something like this. I think you're better off getting floor standing speakers, depending on how far away you are the screen might not be wide enough to get good stereo separation with the speakers behind the screen. That and I don't know if recessed ones sound as good.

Though a recessed centre channel right behind the screen would be kind of cool.

I have my screen mounted, not motorized, and I feel zero need to retract the screen, but my screen's in an open basement that serves as an entertainment area so the screen doesn't "impose on the decor". If it was in my living room, say, where it would look ugly then I might be more inclined to go with a motorized one.

For a long cable run like that, I'd probably suggest doing a conduit so you can pull new cable if you need to, you never know what the future holds. I have a 50' HDMI cable (from monoprice) I think and it works fine, HDMI is digital so it either works or it doesn't.. you'll know it isn't working, you'll either get sparkles all over the screen (indicating data loss), or it won't work at all. Mind you I'm at 720p, higher resolutions and colour depths require more data, but I've heard of people running that length ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: