View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Anyone know if an unlocked iphone would work on their network?

I pay $300-$500 a month on rogers, and can't wait to GTFO. From the sounds of it, even if I was roaming on to another network with the max Wind plan, I'm still ahead.
YYCinLAX has the correct answer, but to expand on it a little... most of the information that the next gen of iphones will support AWS is coming from T-Mobile, who are losing a lot of subscribers because they don't have iphones. So
those quotes need to be taken with a grain of salt, because that could be just T-Mobile trying to give people a reason to stick with them.

However, both Verizon and AT&T have been buying up AWS spectrum as part of their LTE networks, and so will likely require that the iphone support AWS, so that's good news.

The other possibility of iphones on Wind is if they buy up additional spectrum in the next spectrum auction, which will be in 2013. However, right now they're saying that they're going to boycott the auction, because they feel it still favours the established carriers. However, Mobilicity is planning to bid aggressively in the upcoming auction, and I can't imagine Wind simply choosing not to compete.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote