View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 10:48 PM   #2772
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Any ideas on a register that has zero airflow?

I know very little about HVAC, but it seems like this register is disconnected somewhere. The problem is its in the baby room and with a month or so of data collection, its the hottest room in the house.

Its your typical 2 story suburb. The side of the house is hot already because it faces east and gets pounded by the sun all morning. We have A/C but its not particularly effective on the top floor.

Basement is unfinished so I have access to the base of the HVAC system. What I'm wondering is if its possible to replace that run of duct? Are those things secured in a way that I could disconnect it at the register and then just pull it out through basement.

I really don't want to start cutting into walls or ceilings. Part of me wonders if the second register would even make much of a difference.

It just makes me wonder why one single register has zero airflow and if it's disconnected somewhere and if that disconnect could actually be related to subpar cooling/heating on the entire second floor.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote