View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #1543
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Not exactly nostalgia related but does anyone have any info on the Beddington/Deerfoot interchange? I'm really curious why the engineers and city would approve an interchange that doesn't access all four directions? I would assume that if they tried to do something like that again the public would be largely against it during open house sessions.
Gonna bet that it had to do with the fact that there wasn't much of anything north of Beddington back when it was built, and with the railroad tracks and Nose Creek, the extra bridge would have been an expense that everyone paid for, but few benefited from. And now that 96th/Airport Tr. is built, they'll simply never build what you're talking about.

There's a similar situation with Stoney and 96th ave NE. They only built the NB-WB and the EB-SB ramps, so if you're SB on Stoney, you can't go WB, and if you're EB on 96th, you can't go NB. But with that one, they've actually graded the ramps, just not actually built/paved them. They're just putting it off so that parasites like me don't have easy access to Saddleridge Safeway.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote