View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #266
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Seems like the Flames were pissed about being used to score political points during an election cycle so they shot back trying to get rid of the mayor and council. I support getting a new building done and I support the city helping out the residents of Midfield. With what the city has spent on bull#### over the past couple years a new building would be something actually useful.
Why is this the conservative position?

I don't understand why my staunchly conservative friends are pro-arena. The argument is that we wasted so much money on the Peace Bridge, Library and the Blue Ring we should just build the Arena so we get something useful.

This is a horrible argument and betrays conservative principles. Its absolutely hypocritical to say since I like this waste of money we should do it because I want something for my team and the liberals go their bike lanes and Art.

Instead support the projects on its Merits. (Not economics because they don't exist). Just say that I would like my tax dollars to subsidize a corporation because I like the flames. Admit it doesn't fit your conservative philosophy on every other issue. Admit that you want money spent on a Public Good that has intrinsic rather than real value. Admit that on this issue you are a leftist. I know its hard but its better than being a hypocrite. The cognitive dissonance required to keep on that blue jersey is amazing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: