View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #254
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
A small thing, but not having facebook, and not having to deal with toxic people on there really makes me happy. Especially with two elections looming large. I deleted it all over a year ago, and it has made my life and relationships with friends and family so much better.
I did the same. There's a lot of relief in it. More energy retained to expend on other things, which is good when you don't have a huge energy reserve to begin with. I hope more people decide to switch off and instead pick up their phone and call their friends for more face to face.

Mind you, it takes a few months to kick the addictive instinct to turn it on, but once you're past that you're home free.

Just staying away from things like politics and facebook goes a long way to helping you preserve your energy and inner peace, and not split your energy from better things that have direct value to your day.

Who ever came out of a political discussion with people that have varying views on those subjects ever feeling energized or uplifted? Never happens.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote