Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #84
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I definitely agree with you. The Empire was basically a loose analogy for the Nazi regime. All of the officers were old white British men, while the rebel alliance featured people of different races, genders, and species. The Rebel Alliance was lead by Mon Mothma.

The Empire was definitely about conformity, and only Darth Vader and the Empire's guard appeared to deviate from the standard. Basically, the Emperor's way of demonstrating he was in charge.

I think this was just another one of the details, Johnson, who didn't come as having much knowledge of the original material at all, missed.

Definately agree with the Nazi's, but there was also a touch of Chinese and Russia under Stalin in there as well. Palpatine was parts Hitler, Mao and Stalin

The Empire was all about Order, it was designed to put the power in the hands of one individual. It was about giving up individual rights in exchange for security and order. Everything was a cog in that machine.

Their primary fighters were fairly weak, and un shielded, they were designed to overwhelm and swarm individuals. The Storm Troopers were designed to intimidate. In canon there weren't a lot of Storm Troopers in the Empire, they were like the marines. When they showed up it was because Shyte got real. For the most part you would get the Imperial Army which was portrayed very well in Solo.

The interesting item was the Death Star. It didn't really fit into the design of the Empire, mainly because it was a massively over powered individual killing machine. The idea of a massive intimidating fleet crewed by face less pilots and troopers that were utterly dedicated to enforcing Imperial law and order made more sense and was more intimidating because if one Star Destroyer went down a dozen could take its place.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote