View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #132
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Why can’t he be Fleury? Fleury was not taller. Fleury was stronger yes, that’s on Gaudreau. Fleury was feistier and more physical, that’s on Gaudreau.

Heck even on the same team we have Mangiapane who is a little bigger than Gaudreau but fights through checking and goes to the hard areas to battle along the boards and in front of the net unlike Gaudreau.

Gaudreau is an amazing talent but the way some of you excuse and apologize for his soft play bewilders me.

Gaudreau and Monahan have to be better if we want to be a playoff threat. If they don’t have the drive, desire or toughness to do it then maybe they aren’t the guys to build around.

^ Pretty much why I think the top line is flawed, Monahan and Gaudreau are the guys getting paid, if they can't take over the game and dominate physically, or with speed we have a problem.

I think we need another top 6 who can move up down the line, has skill, speed and complements Monahan and Gaudreau, "especially come playoff time". This way Peters can still juggle if needed, but that top line has to be able to take over games.

A second option would be to build a stronger, faster second line.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote