View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #330
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Did Nebula purposefully send Hawkeye and BW to get the soul stone because she knew of their relationship and what was required? I was wondering why they would send two characters who had never been to space off alone in space. Damn.
Wow.

That actually makes perfect sense, and is wonderfully dark.

(change of topic)

As for Thanos, he's kind of petty and vengeful the first time we see him GotG1, and if you consider Nebulas background, that to me strengthens the idea of a guy that's ultimately a petty tyrant. He can appear to be gracious when things go his way, but that only lasts as long as nobody disappoints him.

It's really only after he starts acquiring stones that he truly starts taking on the omniscient father -role.

Also, let's remember that one of the first things Thanos does in Endgame Thanos is watch a video of "his children" (meaning the rest of the universe) decisively rejecting his greatest gift to them, then execute him in petty, pointless revenge.

I really liked Thanos in Endgame too. Yes he was different, but to me it made sense, given how different the situation was from his point of view.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote