View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #56
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Earned Never Given View Post
This year, the NHL has been filled with craziness and unfortunately the Flames were among them as the 4 division winners lost in the first round.

One of the 4 teams still standing were last in the standings on January 2nd.
What about the Sharks and Martin Jones and his putrid GAA in the season?
Avs had lost 18 out of 23 in one stretch.
Fleury gives up 4 goals in what 10 minutes?? Normally he gives that in a 2 week period!
Blake Fn Comeau was one of the most dynamic Stars players on game 7!
The jerks are in the final four but yet I wouldn't trade their roster against the Flames.

Yes it was sad to lose in 5 but watching the 82 games before that was entertaining as hell.

Maybe next year they'll just go through the motions in the regular season and then just rev it up in the p/o.

These are all NHL players who had to fight through numerous challenges to make it to the big league so I have a hard time to buy in to this "they don't have it in them"

ebbs and flows man, ebbs and flows.
It all comes down to who 'flows' in mid April to June.

Often that team wouldn't have won a November playoffs or a February playoffs. Basically the season and league are a ####show and a crapshoot, aside from the reliability of Edmonton perennially sucking.

I will say that Boston and San Jose have sort of learned how to elevate at the right time despite how iffy they may look some seasons. They just make sure to get their ticket to the show somehow then make the most of it, at least a couple rounds most seasons.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote