View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #42
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I think this guy was considered, by a few sources, to be the #1 free agent from the KHL this season.
Corey Pronman had an article with the top free agents from the CHL, college and Europe
https://theathletic.com/860737/2019/.../?redirected=1

14. Ilya Mikheyev, RW , Omsk-KHL- expected to sign with Vegas
Oct. 10, 1994 | 6-foot-2 | 194 pounds

Mikheyev is intriguing because he’s a 6-foot-2, strong winger who can get to the net and score goals. He skates fine and has some skill, but I don’t love his puck game or vision as plus attributes. He’ll compete, score a few for you and had a great season in the KHL with an expiring contract; but for the NHL he’s a bottom of the lineup type, if that.
16. Vasili Demchenko, G, Traktor-KHL
March 16, 1994 | 6-foot-2 | 165 pounds

Demchenko put up great numbers in the KHL the past few seasons. He has some qualities that could translate to the NHL. He’s 6-foot-2, he moves well, he has good hockey sense, he reads shooters effectively and he plays aggressively. Nothing about his game wows me. He can have a little extra movement in his crease, but his technical base is fine.
21. Alexander Yelesin, D, Yaroslav-KHL
Yelesin is a solid two-way defenseman. He’s not dynamic but he skates well, can move the puck well and has some value on the power play. He’s not the biggest guy but he plays hard and doesn’t mind engaging in the physical aspects of the game.
Speaking of European free agents, I wonder when Joakim Nygard will make his decision. Last we heard the Flames and Sens were both chasing him heavily.

11. Joakim Nygard, LW, Farjestad-SHL
Jan. 8, 1993 | six-foot | 193 pounds

Nygard is an older player at age 26, but he’s got good skill and speed, and competes well. There are some scouts who don’t see him as a real prospect, but some teams gave him attention, and folks in Sweden think he has the right skill set to produce offense in North America.

Last edited by AC; 04-22-2019 at 08:15 PM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post: