View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #27
Ragz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragz View Post
So I visited this sports pub franchise for a sporting event and during the game you where given an entry ticket with every beer purchased for a chance to win a jersey at the end of the game. Once the game was over they drew the ticket and I was selected as the winner (yay me!)

I'm guessing you already know where I'm going with this due to what thread I'm replying to, but yes, when I got the jersey home it is indeed fake/counterfeit. Being a jersey collector, a fan of the sport, and a fan of the business I'm shocked the sports pub is doing this. I get reason, why give away a $300 jersey when we can give away a $20 jersey, but you are generating revenue from the sport and from the give-away, at least support what you are doing.

Am I the only one that is disappointed/annoyed buy this activity? I already own the exact jersey they were giving away so I'm not too bias that I did not get the item I was expecting (I was still excited to get a new one, and retire the old). I did write the head office a letter asking them to replace the jersey with an licensed product. Can they face legal action from this (not from me) for supplying counterfeit items? Is this common?
Should of added; this is a weekly promoted event, not just a one off occurrence.
Ragz is offline   Reply With Quote