View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #88
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
The info in this thread has been great. My current set up has been dealing with some hardware failure issues, so I decided to jump on some Ubiquiti hardware that I had been looking into. AmpliFi seemed like the perfect solution for me, even if it's likely overkill for my 1400 sq ft ish town home.

Question: I ordered two AmpliFi HD systems to replace my current network set up. I presumed I could connect one to the modem, set it up and then set up the other on the far side of the home via wired back haul as a wireless AP point and things would be relatively hunky dory like the set up you mentioned?

I also stumbled upon a relatively new Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Lite at work that has been discontinued due to changing network needs. I am able to acquire it for a nominal cost. I am wondering if I should greedily add the AP AC Lite to the system so that I have a unit on each floor, or if setting up the AC Lite into the mesh system would be more hassle than it's worth? (though I don't believe setting up an AC point alongside the two AmpliFi would be problematic)
AP AC lites don’t work like that. They require a managed switch to operate and will not work as an ACcess point to an amplifi HD system. The controller software for the unifi gear will not control the amplifi system and visa versa (unless something has changed in the last 2 months that I don’t know about)