View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #44
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
the pool table was originally my parents. my dad got it in the early 1970s - so it was very dated

we kept the 'guts' that hold the slate (they are nothing special), the slate (of course), the pockets (i'm still toying with making my own in the future) and the rubber from the bumpers (it was still great after 40 years.... they don't make things like they used to i guess!)

the felt wasn't that bad to do. i found instructions online for how to install pool table felt. the rails were not difficult to do either. my dad loved it becuz it was the perfect excuse to buy an upholstery staple gun. he'd wanted one forever but knew he'd get flack from my mom if if bought one... now he had a reason! ha! ha!

if i were you i'd look for a used one and then just reuse certain parts. also, mine is one piece of slate - sweet mother you need an army to move just the slate. i would look for one with the 3 slate pieces... much easier when needing to move it/take it apart
Yeah, I think that re-purposing an old pool table that I can find for cheap would be the best way to go. I would actually prefer a single piece over a 2 or 3 section slate because it is supposed to be more solid and stable. I just need to get my basement back so that I can use it for a games room.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote