View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 10:59 PM   #8075
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Except score, play any level of defense, make others around him better, and win? If fans are pissed at Monahan wait until they get a load of this guy! Then again, there is a contingent on this site that prefers to cheer for individual success over team success, so maybe Eichel is the perfect fit for those fans? I want a team that plays for each other and wins, not individuals who play flashy and get their heads caved in.
No disrespect intended, but Eichel had over a ppg the two years before this one, and just under a ppg the year before that, despite not having top-tier players to play with-so he can score. 9 GWG last year, too. He was 8th in Hart Trophy voting as well-ahead of Matthews, Kucherov, Ovi, and Kane.

Of course he makes players around him better, just ask guys like Reinhart, and Olofsson. He's a play-driver, and his 42 assists last year led the team (his 12 assists lead the team currently).

His defence doesn't match up with a guy like Couturier or Barkov, but I'm sure he matches up with Matthews, or MacDavid in this category-and we don't ever feel the need to talk about their defence. Eichel gets the puck, it goes the other way immediately.

Fans here will not be upset having Eichel over Monahan,in any way, shape, or form- that's pure hyperbole. Eichel is a better player in every way than Mony, and the fact that he's fast and drives play changes the dynamic of our offence. Like I said earlier, put Johnny on his wing, and he'll get 100pts easy. If he took Draisaitl's spot on the Oilers, he would have production comparable to Drai's.