View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I like Hanifin, I just don't think he has the upside, especially offensively, that we'd hoped. I could be wrong.

I'd be OK flipping him for a good young top 6 forward, or as part of a package to get a really good, young C.

Risky though, especially since he's one of only 3 regular Flames Dmen still under contract going forward.
I think the upside is definitely there. The thing is it's hard to see it playing behind Gio. In the 8 games that Gio missed where Hanifin and Andersson stepped in to be the top pairing, here were their numbers.

Hanifin:5A, +3
Andersson: 1G 3A, +4

and if I'm not mistaken that includes the one atrocious game that saw him end up a -4 or something like that.

So small sample size, yes, but 5 points in 8 games and a +3 is pretty good totals for playing first pairing minutes. And that is not being sheltered defensively either. That equals a 50 point season and +30.

I think starting next year the flames should be deploying a Hanifin - Andersson pair as like the 1A. Gio and hopefully Brodie but whoever they retain to play with him (please god don't keep Hamonic) would be 1B and roll out Valimaki - Kylington as the sheltered third pair. (I believe it's been mentioned before that Kylington played RD in sweden and is comfortable on that side.)
The Following User Says Thank You to BigErnSalute_16 For This Useful Post: