View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #447
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

had to shake my head as there are two midget aa teams run in each quadrant. my son was drafted to midget aa team B and then ultimately released.

after he was released from team B he reached out to the coach to team C to say "hey, don't know where you are at with your goalies - but i'd love to meet with you to discuss any potential opportunity for me to play on your team". my son reached out to this coach once via e-mail and then a second time via text - no response from the coach of team C.

The other day the manager of team C sends my son an e-mail asking him if he wants to affiliate. Boggles my mind that anyone in quad hockey would think a 17 yr old goalie would want to affiliate. there is no upside for next year. you can come to a couple of practices or even better waste 4 hours of your life sitting on the bench for a game. if you get "lucky" enough to get in it is likely because the regular guy has given up 6 or more and everyone has quit playing so you are likely to get dinged for 3 or more in your 25 minutes, or if you play great you get a thanks and we will let you know if we need you to fill in again.

My son wanted to send the manager back a good note basically telling her no and why - but instead, my son just deleted the e-mail.

if the boy decides he wants to pursue jr b i will petition for a release from our designated quad on the grounds that they have cut him 3/5 yrs; however, i understand they generally don't give releases; otherwise his options would be to play outside the city or jr c which is community hockey or intramural/beer league at whatever school he gets into.