View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #60
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Respectfully, I would trade Gaudreau for Barkov in an instant. I love his skill, but he's still small and is quite weak in his own zone. If the puck goes up the boards to his wing, it's often a struggle of herculean proportions just to get the puck out of the zone for him. Barkov has zero problems in his own zone, not to mention how much more valuable he is as a center than a winger, even one so talented as Gaudreau.

Gio is the only one who is on Barkov's level, but I like the overall package Barkov gives a bit more. He's still the better player in my eyes.
Fair enough - you are a bigger expert. I doubt I make those trades.

I agree that a centre is way more valuable than a wing. I was comparing player versus player though, so took position and team building out of it. And I agree that Gaudreau's defence is almost non-existent, but for the odd pocket-picking from time to time. But Johnny can be a PPG player. He scored 64 as a rookie. Maybe Barkov can get there, but I'm pretty unsure of that.

If I'm putting together an all-star team Johnny and Gio get more consideration from me than Barkov. That may be because there are more great centres, I guess.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote