Old 10-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Default Friedman's 31 thoughts - Oct 10 - Some Bennett Talk

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...liam-nylander/

Only 1 Flames related item:

Quote:
1. A quick whistle erased Sam Bennett’s first goal of the season Tuesday night in Nashville, but he did play 13:27 — his highest of the year. He saw 8:47 and 7:01 in the opening two games against Vancouver. The list of teams who’ve inquired about him through the years includes Anaheim, Montreal, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. I’m not convinced the Flames want to trade him, knowing he’s 22 and could blossom elsewhere. Just something to watch, as he searches for a fit with a new coach and changed roster.

Lanny McDonald Whiskey coming soon!

Quote:
31. Coming soon to a liquor store near you: NHL Alumni Whisky. Several retired players went to the JP Wiser’s factory to create their own concoctions and be part of the process. The first three are to be launched this month, from Wendel Clark, Lanny McDonald and Larry Robinson. As a Scotch/whisky person, I’m looking forward to trying it. If I were Ron MacLean, I’d probably say Clark’s will pack a mighty punch.

Also a funny story involving former Flame Alex Chiasson:

Quote:
17. Best story heard from the Capitals’ Stanley Cup celebration: The morning after they won, the travelling party could not find Alex Chiasson for the bus ride to the airport.

“We were like, ‘Where is this guy?’” said Mike Vogel, well-known to fans for writing the “Dump ’N Chase” blog at washingtoncaps.com. “We went knocking on the door and there was no answer…. So security opens the door, and there’s no one in this room.”

They packed his stuff, stepped out of the elevator into the hotel lobby and walked right into Chiasson. He had been in Starbucks.

“He said, ‘That’s not my luggage; mine is on the bus.’ I said, ‘No, we went to your room and packed it.’ He said, ‘No, it’s on the bus.’”

It turned out Chiasson was unhappy with his original room and changed it.

“I can’t imagine this guy going back to his room and… ‘Why is all my stuff packed?’”

Last edited by sureLoss; 10-10-2018 at 10:10 AM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: