View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 09:36 PM   #9
RT14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Haha, maybe it's just me, but if by some miracle from the hockey heavens we land John Tavares, giving us likely the best center depth in the entire NHL behind Pittsburgh's elite duo + Brassard, I'll be damned to hell if I'd turn around and trade one of them away for a winger.

Tavares has been dragging so-so wingers into massive pay days for about what...7 or 8 years now? Put Thachuk on his wing on Matty would very likely become a 60-80 point player that makes other teams turn into raving lunatics. Then we already have a duo that's basically a number one line all by themselves in Mony/Johnny...except now they're the number TWO line with easier match ups. Then we already have another duo that is proven to be very effective at providing depth scoring while shutting opponents down quite handily in Backs and Frolik.

Tkachuk - Tavares - ________
Gaudreau - Monahan - ________
_______ - Backlund - Frolik

That's a freaking Cup contending forward group right there peeps. Just fill in the blanks with Ferland, Janko, Bennett, Foo, Mangiapane, etc, etc
As much as I think my idea is a dreamy option, I have to admit I like your proposal too. Out of curiosity though, if we miraculously landed Tavares and somehow it was an option to get Brady Tkachuk but only if we moved Monahan, would that tempt you?
RT14 is offline   Reply With Quote