Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #945
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow. Austin is a super fun city...I'd highly recommend visiting. Amazing music scene there if you like live bands. 6th Street is a gong show after 11pm and Rainey St. is a little more civilized. Do them both, frequently. South Congress had incredible cover bands...go to the Continental Club.

The track is impressive for a lot of reasons. The elevation change into T1 is way more noticeable than TV shows you. It's quite similar in that respect to T2 + T3 and the long straightaway at Red Bull Ring in Austria (thats wayyy bigger though). The circuit is very well laid out and easy to get around. Traffic is a complete and utter train wreck. Easily the worst I've ever been too.

The race was good and we had a lot of action at T12. They are the best seats in the house. You can see T1 and the hill, the chicanes/ "S's" along the back, and then T12-T15. It's a great spot to watch the action from. If I could kill KMag I would...I know his disc blew up, but we were getting super stoked to see Verstappen and Hamilton have a real battle the last 4 laps and got screwed by that donkey.

We didnt get into too much trouble in Austin. But one complete fangirl story...Saturday night we were closing our tab at a bar when a couple Brits came up to talk to us about the qualifying. They mentioned Danny Ricciardo was just there and had gone next door. Well we bolted and walked by the bar to see if he was there. I recognized his 5 o'clock shadow and of course we went in. He was watching the UFC fight with his mom and some buddies. But we got a few pics anyways and shook his hand...told him to keep an eye on Crashtappen and got a laugh out of him. He's an awesome guy.

Last edited by FLAMESRULE; 11-06-2019 at 10:24 AM.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post: